The theory of evolution is that all forms of life derived by gradual modification from earlier and simpler life forms or from one rudimentary form. It teaches a process in which something complex is developed by itself from a simple beginning. It accepts the existence of the cause or causes of the first substance and the force or forces working successive transformations from a lower to a higher form of matter and life.
The theory of cosmic evolution claims that from lower units of matter (atoms and molecules) the vast material suns, moons, stars, planets and universes were formed by themselves. That of organic evolution teaches that the vegetable and animal kingdoms evolved from lower forms of life to what they are today.
Evolutionists do not deny the first cause. Their theory begins with matter or substance already in existence. They believe in primitive nebulosity and powers possessed by molecules. They do not try to account for how these came to exist, how molecules got their inherent powers, or how there came to be definite laws governing them so they that they could produce, without failure, all things as we now have them. Their theory does not show why there is such bitter hatred against the God of the Bible as being that first cause. It does not consider proved facts, but has absolute faith in a mere supposition which no fact has ever been produced to prove. Its teachers seemingly deny God, the Bible, and known facts and continue to rob multiplied thousands of boys and girls of their simple faith in God and the Bible without a sting of conscience. They manufactor multiple drawings of human beings, different kinds, rising from a molecule through a monkey to the present man; and add guess upon guess of how life was in each stage of evolution, but refuse to accept the Bible truth of the origin of all things. They speak glibly of denying God and His work in creation and at the same time pretend to be the only ones having the only truth on the subject.
- Huxley said, "It is clear that the doctrine of evolution is directly antagonistic to that of creation...Evolution, if consistently accepted, makes it impossible to believe in the Bible."
- Darwin taught that the more complex organs and instincts have been perfected by the accumulation of innumerable slight variations, each good for the individual possessor.
- Spencer said that evolution was purely mechanical and anti-supernatural.
- Earnest Haeckel said, "It entirely excludes the supernatural process, every prearranged and conscious act of a personal character. Nothing will make the full meaning of the theory of descent clearer than calling it the nom-miraculous theory of creation."
Thus the confessed evolution-theory leaders are clear that no true evolutionist can be a Christian or a believer in the Bible. There is no place for God in evolution, hence no need of a belief in sin or a Savior, heaven or hell. Those in the church who try to harmonize evolution with the Bible rule God out in spite of themselves and are enemies of both God and the church.
No one branch of organic evolution has been proved, much less the main theory. It is a bankrupt, speculative, philosophy - not a scientific fact.
True Science Rejects:
- The theory that the hair is but elongated scales of pre-historic animals.
- The legs of all animals developed from warts on aboriginal amphibians.
- Eyes are but accidental development of freckles on blind amphibians that responded to the sun.
- Ears came about by the air waves calling to spots on early reptiles.
- The theory of natural selection.
- Man came from monkeys.
- The vast universe came from a few molecules.
- Nothing working on nothing by nothing, through nothing, for nothing begat everything.
1. It accepts heathen and pagan philosophers in preference to God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, and Christians. Pagan Hindu and Greek philosophers invented such a theory. Aristotle taught an internal spontaneity, which is the same idea of modern evolutionists who call it resident forces or impersonal eternal energy.
2. It nulifies the idea of Bible creation by God. Blind force is substituted for the creative power of the personal and living God who created all things (Genesis 1:1, 20-28; 2:7-22; 5:1-2; 9:6; John 1:1-4; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:15-18; Hebrews 1:1-3).
3. It degrades man from creation by God in the image of God to a monkey ancestry. See Genesis 1:26-28; 2:7; 5:1-2.
4. It degrades God's image to a mere beast. See Genesis 1:26-28; 9:6; James 3:9.
5. It makes Christ, the second and last Adam, nothing more than a mere beast. See Genesis 1:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:45.
6. It does away with the fall of man, for how can a mere beast who has evolved steadily from a molecule to an intelligent being go backward and have a fall? See Genesis 3; Romans 5:12-21.
7. It does away with Bible miracles and the supernatural in all its forms. The only miracle or power of evolution is the inherent force of molecules. See Hebrews 2:1-4.
8. It does away with the virgin birth, makes it impossible and unnecessary, and makes Christ a product of evolution in the same sense that it does all other men. See Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Matthew 1:18-25.
9. It denies the bodily resurrection of Christ and declares that it is contrary to the process of evolution of resident forces making progress.
10. It denies the atonement, for according to evolution there was no fall of man and therefore no sin to make atonement for. Regeneration by outside power is the direct opposite of the resident powers, the only power accepted by evolution.
11. It denies the 2nd advent of Christ and the final restoration and preservation of all things by the personal acts of God.
12. It does away with the authority of the Bible as a real revelation from a personal and living God, making it a lie, not only regarding creation but every other doctrine. See 2 Timothy 3:16.
To argue that the Christian can accept evolution on the grounds that the Bible is not to be taken literally, is a surrender to the foes of God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, and all Christian teachings. The theory, therefore, is anti-God, anti-Christ, anti-Bible, anti-Christian, and anti-intelligence.
1. The Bible IS the Word of God, not that it merely CONTAINS the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:16-21).
2. God is a person who created (brought into existence all material and spiritual substance), and that, out of the created material, He personally formed the worlds and each creature therein (Genesis 1:1; 2:7, 19; Psalm 8:1-9; 102:25; John 1:3-4; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:15-18; Hebrews 1:11-3; Revelation 4:11).
3. God created man in His own image and likeness in one day, fully mature and highly intelligent, not that he descended from molecules through the lower forms of life to monkey and man (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:7, 19; 9:6; Acts 17:26; 1 Corinthians 11:7-9; James 3:9).
4. All angels and spirit beings were created by God fully mature and intelligent (Psalms 104:4; Ezekiel 28:15; Colossians 1:15-18; Revelations 4:11).
5. God created man, animals, fish, fowls, and plants to reproduce themselves after their own kind (Genesis 1:20-31; 2:5-7, 19-25).
6. Jesus Christ is THE Son of God in a sense no other man is - the only begotten of the Father, not that He is A Son of God in the sense all men are (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:18; 3:16; Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-3, 8; Revelations 1:8-11).
7. The Holy Spirit is a person, separate and distinct from both the Father and the Son. All 3 persons have their own personal body, soul, and spirit and make the Divinity Trinity (1 John 5:7).
8. The birth of Christ WAS SUPERNATURAL, not NATURAL as is the case of all other men. He was VIRGIN-BORN, and OF THE HOLY GHOST without a human father (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-14; 3:16-18; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-3).
9. The death of Christ WAS EXPIATORY, not EXEMPLARY. He died for all men. His blood is the only atonement for sin and by His stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53; Mathew 1:21; 8:17; 26:28; John 3:16; Acts 4:12; Romans 8:3; 1 Corinthians 1:18-24; 5:7; Hebrews 1:3; 2:9-18; 9:11-28; 10:5-29; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 2:1-2; Revelations 1:5; 5:8-10).
10. Jesus Christ rose BODILY from the dead, not SPIRITUALLY or AS A SPIRIT BEING. He is alive forevermore in His earthly, resurrected flesh-and-bone body and represents men before God as their High Priest and Savior (Luke 24:39; John 10:17-18; Acts 1:3, 11; 2:22-34; 4:10-12; Romans 1:4; 8:11; 1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-16; Philippians 3:20-21; Revelations 1:18; Zechariah 13:6).
11. Jesus Christ ASCENDED INTO GLORY BODILY, and WILL COME AGAIN IN LIKE MANNER to rule the world eternally, put down all rebellion, restore man's dominion and God's kingdom over all as before the falls of Lucifer and Adam (Luke 24:50-52; Acts 1:11; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14; Revelations 19:11-21; Zechariah 14).
12. Man IS A SINNER fallen from original righteousness and a high, intelligent and responsible place as head of the present creation. APART FROM God's redemption grace is lost. Man is not THE UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF ENVIRONMENT, one who THROUGH SELF-CULTURE can make good (Genesis 3; John 3:16; Romans 5:12-21; 3:23-25; Hebrews 1:1-3; 7:25; 9:22; 1 John 1:9; 2:1-2; Revelation 1:5; 5:8-10; 20:11-15).
13. Man IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH IN THE ATONING BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST, resulting in A SUPERNATURAL REGENERATION FROM ABOVE (Matthew 1:21; 18:3; John 3:1-8,16; Romans 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 1:14,20; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:18-23). He is NOT JUSTIFIED BY WORKS or BY NATURAL DEVELOPMENT FROM WITHIN and SELF EFFORT.
14. Man, animals, and plant-life have DEGENERATED and ARE UNDER A CURSE. Man chooses to continue in sin, sickness, and sufferings of earth and ONLY THROUGH REDEMPTION IN CHRIST will the whole creation be restored to original perfection and goodness (Genesis 3; 6:5-22; Romans 5:12-21; 8:17-24; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; 2 Peter 3:7-13; Revelations 21:1-22:5). No single species has evolved from a lower to a higher plane of life.
15. All men who accept Christ and conform to God's plan for man WILL BE SAVED, WILL BE RESURRECTED from the dead to immortality and WILL HELP God administer affairs of the universe forever (John 3:16; John 5:28-29; Romans 8:17-24; 1 Corinthians 6:2; 15:1-54; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelations 1:6; 2:26-27; 5:10; 11:15; 22:4-5).
16. All men who reject Christ and do not conform to the plan of God for man WILL PAY THE ETERNAL DEATH PENALTY FOR SIN, WILL BE RESURRECTED TO IMMORTALITY, and WILL BE PUNISHED ETERNALLY IN THE LAKE OF FIRE (Mark 16-15-16; John 3:16-20; 5:28-29; Revelation 14:9-11; 20:11-15; 21:8; 22:15).
Any denial of God or His plan for man in Scripture make Him a liar, an will damn the soul. If some through ignorance of the Bible think that they can believe in evolution and the Bible at the same time, they are highly deceived by Satan, the deceiver of the world (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; 11:14-15; Revelation 12:9). One cannot know the statements of both the Bible and evolutionists and believe both. Nor can he/she be neutral. He must take a stand either for God and the Bible or for evolution and guesses.
Click HERE to go to the 2nd half of this important series of articles on the foolishness of Evolution!